44. Clean gearbox to engine mating faces, dowels
and dowel holes.
45. With assistance raise gearbox on jack and align
to clutch and engine.
46. Fit lower bolts securing clutch housing to engine
and tighten to 50 Nm (37 lbf.ft).
NOTE: Do not fit upper bolts at this stage.
47. Fit earth leads and secure with bolt.
multiplug to reverse light switch, position
49. Raise gearbox jack and guide transfer gearbox
lever through tunnel.
50. Secure body harness clips to bracket on top of
51. Position battery earth lead to transfer gearbox
and tighten retaining nut.
52. Connect multiplug to speed sensor and secure
harness in clip on transfer gearbox.
53. Position mounting brackets and rubber
mountings, positioning heat shield to LH
54. Position nuts to mountings and tighten to 48 Nm
55. Remove 3 bolts securing support plate
LRT-99-007 to gearbox.
56. Position handbrake cable through heel board.
tighten to 25 Nm (18 lbf.ft).
58. Clean propeller shafts and mating faces.
tighten nuts to 48 Nm (35 lbf.ft).
60. Clean intermediate silencer and tail pipe mating
61. Position silencer and secure on mountings,
using a new gasket align to tail pipe, fit nuts and
62. Refill gearbox with oil. See Adjustment.
64. Fit exhaust front pipe. See MANIFOLD AND
EXHAUST SYSTEM, Repair.
65. Refit starter motor. See ELECTRICAL, Repair.
66. Fit bolt securing shim plate to clutch housing and
tighten 10 Nm (7 lbf.ft).
67. Position heater pipe to gearbox housing, fit
upper bolts securing clutch housing to engine
68. Position gearbox breather pipes to clips on
69. Fit air cleaner. See FUEL SYSTEM, Repair.
71. Fit and align tunnel cover, fit and tighten screws.
73. Position hand-brake lever and tighten bolts to 25
Nm (18 lbf.ft).
74. Connect handbrake cable to lever, fit clevis pin,
washer and new split pin.
75. Connect Lucar to hand-brake switch.
with trim stud.
77. Locate insulation pad over gear levers and fit to
78. Align spline marks, fit gear lever to lower lever,
fit washer and secure with retaining nut.
79. Position gear lever cover.