LEVER - GEAR CHANGE
Service repair no - 37.16.04
1. Remove gear lever knob.
3. Remove nut securing upper gear lever to lower
4. Remove upper gear lever from lower gear lever.
bias spring, release both ends of bias spring
6. Remove bolt and special washer securing gear
lever to housing.
7. Carefully withdraw gear lever from housing
ensuring that spring loaded nylon pad is retained
WARNING: Personal injury may result if
8. Clean gear lever, housing and nylon pad.
fit nylon pad and spring.
10. Depress nylon pad against spring pressure,
position gear lever in housing with the nylon pad
11. Fit gear lever retaining bolt and special washer
and tighten bolt to 10 Nm (7 lbf.ft).
12. Using a suitable piece of tubing fitted over ends
of bias spring, locate each end of bias spring to
13. Fit upper gear lever to lower gear lever and
tighten retaining nut to 25 Nm (18 lbf.ft).
14. Adjust bias spring. See Adjustment.