Cylinder bores - Inspection
1. Check cylinder bores for scoring.
2. Measure cylinder bore wear and ovality at a
point 70 mm (2.75 in) from top of each cylinder
CAUTION: Measurement must be taken
CAUTION: Cylinder bore diameter and
cylinder bores is permissible; cylinder block must
Pistons and connecting rods - Inspection
1. Check each piston for cracks, burning and
2. Check connecting rods for alignment.
CAUTION: Do not attempt to straighten
3. Ensure small-end oil feed holes in connecting
rods are clear.
4. Measure and record diameter of each piston at
right angles to gudgeon pin axis and 46 mm
CAUTION: Measurement point must be on