8. Place a straight edge across pump body and
using feeler gauges, measure end-float of outer
9. Check drive shaft bush in pump cover for signs
of scoring and wear.
10. Renew oil pump and stiffener plate assembly if
excessive scoring exists or clearances exceed
11. Lubricate pump rotors and drive shaft bush with
12. Fit rotors ensuring reference marks are aligned
and identification mark on inner rotor is facing
13. Fit cover to pump, fit 5 new screws and tighten
by diagonal selection to 6 Nm (4.5 lbf.ft) .
14. Check that pump rotors rotate freely.
Oil pressure relief valve
1. Remove and discard oil pressure relief valve
2. Remove spring and relief valve plunger.
scoring and corrosion.
NOTE: Light scoring and corrosion may be
5. Check spring for distortion, check free length of
CAUTION: Renew relief valve as an
6. Lubricate valve plunger and seating.
CAUTION: Do not attempt to fit original
9. Fit plug and tighten to 23 Nm (17 lbf.ft) .