10. Remove crankshaft pulley bolt.
crankshaft sprocket i.e. teeth furthest away from
13. Fit sprocket to crankshaft ensuring that timing
mark on sprocket is facing towards front end of
14. Fit oil pump drive sprocket to oil pump and drive
chain ensuring that ’D’ shape on sprocket is
15. Apply Loctite 242 to threads of oil pump drive
sprocket bolt, fit bolt and tighten to 25 Nm (18
16. Fit timing chain fixed guide, fit bolts and tighten
17. Fit timing chain adjustable guide, fit bolt and
tighten to 25 Nm (18 lbf.ft) .
18. Fit camshaft sprocket to timing chain with timing
mark on sprocket between the 2 coloured links,
19. Fit timing chain to crankshaft sprocket aligning
coloured link to timing mark on sprocket.
CAUTION: Ensure timing marks are
20. Apply an even film film of sealant, Part No. STC
4600 to mating face of timing cover and spread
CAUTION: Assembly and bolt tightening
21. Fit timing cover, fit bolts in their original fitted
positions and working from the centre outwards,