6. Fit 2 slave bolts into each main bearing cap in
turn and ease bearing caps from cylinder block.
7. Remove and discard bearing shells from each
NOTE: These bearing shells are plain.
8. Using assistance, remove crankshaft.
thrust washers from cylinder block.
NOTE: These bearing shells are grooved.
10. Remove Torx screw securing each oil squirt jet
to cylinder block, remove squirt jets.
Cylinder block - Inspection
1. Clean main bearing shell and thrust washer
locations in cylinder block, ensure bolt holes are
2. Clean main bearing caps.
4. Ensure drillings in oil squirt jets are clear.
or signs of leakage, seal replacement plugs with
Crankshaft - Inspection
1. Check crankshaft main and big-end bearing
journals for scoring, wear and ovality, make 3
intervals in centre of journals.
Crankshaft bearing journal diameters:
0.013 mm (2.441 in
Big-end bearings =
0.01 mm (2.125
CAUTION: Crankshafts may not be
journals are found to be scored, oval or worn,