1. Place the vehicle in a ventilated, shaded area
free from excessive draught, with the doors and
2. Check that the surface of the condenser is not
restricted with dirt, leaves, flies, etc. Do not
3. Switch on the ignition and the air conditioner air
flow control. Check that the blower is operating
4. Check that the evaporator condensate drain
tubes are open and clear.
5. Check the tension of the compressor driving belt,
and adjust if necessary.
6. Inspect all connections for the presence of
refrigerant oil. If oil is evident, check for leaks,
NOTE: The compressor oil is soluble in
7. Start the engine.
the air conditioner blower control on and off
9. With the temperature control at maximum
cooling and the blower control at high speed,
10. Repeat at 1800 rev/min.
range, and check the sight glass at intervals.
12. Check for frosting on the service valves.
by hand for varying temperature. Low
14. Switch off the air conditioning blower and stop
15. If the air conditioning equipment is still not
satisfactory, carry out a pressure test as
COMPRESSOR DRIVE BELT
Service repair no - 82.10.01
See ENGINE, Repair, Drive Belt -Tdi
See ENGINE, Repair, Compressor Drive Belt - V8i