SUPPLEMENTARY RESTRAINT SYSTEM
AIRBAG MANUAL DEPLOYMENT
Service repair no - 76.73.00 - Fitted to vehicle
CAUTION: Deployment in the vehicle will
away from the vehicle in accordance with the
If a vehicle is to be scrapped and contains an
Before deployment is started the deployment tool self
Deployment tool SMD 4082/1 self test procedure
1. Insert BLUE and YELLOW connectors of tool
lead into corresponding sockets on face of tool.
2. Connect crocodile clips of second tool lead to
battery, RED to positive and BLACK to negative.
3. RED "READY" light should illuminate.
5. GREEN "DEFECTIVE" light should illuminate.
10. Self test now complete.
Deployment with module fitted to vehicle
These guidelines are written to aid authorised
WARNING: Only use the LAND ROVER
designated area. Ensure airbag module is not
1. Carry out deployment tool self test.
2. Release 2 turnbuckles securing lower panel to
dash, remove lower panel.