CAMSHAFT DRIVE BELT AND GEARS
Service repair no - 12.65.18
1. Remove front cover plate.
See Front Cover
2. Position engine at TDC on No. 1 cylinder.
flywheel housing and insert timing tool
4. Engage timing tool pin with slot in flywheel.
camshaft gear and that crankshaft key aligns
6. Insert pin from special tool LRT-12-045 in
injection pump gear and through into pump
NOTE: If the camshaft gear is to be
the timing belt is removed.
7. Slacken belt tensioner bolt.
NOTE: During use, a belt develops a wear
refitted so that it rotates in the original direction.
CAUTION: Belts must be stored on edge
Do not bend belts at an acute angle or radius of
10. Mark belt direction of rotation, using soft chalk,
to ensure correct refitment.