Camshaft bearings - check clearance
1. Position camshaft in cylinder head.
of each camshaft bearing journal.
3. Carefully fit the camshaft carrier ensuring it is
located on dowels.
CAUTION: Do not rotate camshaft.
4. Fit original camshaft carrier retaining bolts and
tighten in sequence shown to 25 Nm (18 lbf.ft) .
5. Using sequence shown, loosen then remove
camshaft carrier retaining bolts.
CAUTION: Do not discard bolts at this
6. Carefully remove camshaft carrier.
7. Measure and record widest portion of Plastigage
on each camshaft bearing journal.
8. Compare figures obtained with camshaft bearing
9. If any bearing clearance is found to exceed
figures given, repeat the above procedure using
CAUTION: If, after repeating the bearing
new cylinder head and camshaft carrier assembly
10. Remove all traces of Plastigage using an oily
cloth, do not use a scraper.
11. Discard camshaft carrier bolts.