TIBURON(GK) > 2003 > G 2.7 V6 DOHC > Brake System > Brake System > Brake Line > Repair
1. Inspect the brake hoses, for damage, deterioration, leaks, interference and twisting.
2. Check the brake lines for damage, rusting, and leakage. Also check for bent brake lines.
3. Check for leaks at hose and line joints or connections, and retighten if necessary.
4. Check the master cylinder for damage and leakage.
Replace the brake hose clip whenever the brake hose is serviced.
• Before reassembling, check that all parts are free of dust and other foreign particles.
• Replace parts with new ones whenever specified to do so.
• Do not spill brake fluid on the vehicle; it may damage the paint; if brake fluid gets on the paint, wash it off
immediately with water.
1. Replace the brake hose (A) if the hose is twisted, cracked, or if it leaks.
2. Disconnect the brake hose from the brake line (B) using a 10mm flare-nut wrench (C).
3. Remove and discard the brake hose clip (A) from the brake hose (B).
4. Remove the connector bolt (C), and disconnect the brake hose from the caliper.
5. Remove the brake hose from the knuckle.
6. Install the brake hose (A) on the knuckle with 12mm flange bolt (B) first, then connect the brake hose to the
caliper with the connector bolt (C) and new sealing washers (D).