When removing the spark plug cable, pull on the spark plug cable boot (not the cable), as it may be damaged.
2. Using a spark plug socket, remove the spark plug(B).
Be careful that no contaminats enter through the spark plug holes.
3. Inspect the electrodes(A) and ceramic insulator(B).
INSPECTION FO ELECTRODES
- Fuel mixture too rich
- Low air intake
- Fuel mixture too lean
- Advanced ignition timing
- Insufficient plug tightening
4. Check the electrode gap(A).
5. Carefully remove the spark plug cable by pulling on the rubber boots(A).
Check the condition of the spark plug cable terminals(B), If any terminal is corroded, clean it, and if it's broken or distorted,
6. Connect the ohmmeter probes and measure resistance.
RESISTANCE : 5.6K
/m ± 20%