1. Position generator (2) to engine and install 2
mounting bolts (1).
2. Tighten bolts. Refer to Torque Specifications.
3. Position support bracket (1) to generator and install
bolt (3) and nut (4). Tighten bolt / nut. Refer to
4. Snap field wire connector into rear of generator.
5. Install B+ terminal eyelet to generator output stud. Tighten mounting nut. Refer to Torque Specifications.
6. Lower vehicle.
CAUTION: Never force a belt over a pulley rim using a screwdriver. The synthetic fiber of the belt can be
CAUTION: When installing a serpentine accessory drive belt, the belt MUST be routed correctly. The water
7. Install generator drive belt. Refer to 7, Cooling System for procedure.
8. Install negative battery cable to battery.
8F - 70