WIPERS AND WASHERS
9. Remove cable ties securing washer tube to
windscreen wiper rack tube.
10. Loosen fully 4 nuts securing backplates to wheel
boxes and remove windscreen wiper rack tubes.
11. Remove seals from wheel box spindles.
remove sealing washers.
13. Carefully pull fascia support rail from bulkhead
sufficiently to remove wheel boxes.
14. Loosen fully but do not remove nuts securing
wheel box back plates.
15. Grease wheel boxes.
nuts to 5 Nm (3.7 lbf.ft).
17. Fit spindle seals.
plate nuts sufficiently to hold tubes. Tighten
19. Align washer tube to rack tube and secure with
20. Align fascia support rail and secure with screws.
bolt and nut and bolt to 45 Nm (33 lbf.ft).
22. Fit demister duct to tube, align relay bracket and
secure duct with screws.
23. Position heater fan switch and secure with
24. Fit wiper motor and drive rack. See this
25. Fit steering column nacelle. See STEERING,
26. Connect battery negative lead. See
RELAY - WIPER DELAY - FROM 02MY
Service repair no - 84.15.37
1. Disconnect battery negative lead. See
2. Remove 4 screws securing instrument pack and
release pack from fascia.
3. Disconnect 2 multiplugs from warning lamp
4. Disconnect instrument pack multiplug from main
5. Remove instrument pack.