Remove, disassemble, inspect, reassemble, and install the caliper and note these items:
TIBURON(GK) > 2003 > G 2.7 V6 DOHC > Brake System > Brake System > Rear Disc Brake > General
Frequent inhalation of brake pad dust, regardless of material composition, could be hazardous to your
• Avoid breathing dust particles.
• Never use an air hose or brush to clean brake assemblies.
• Do not spill brake fluid on the vehicle; it may damage the paint; If brake fluid gets on the paint, wash it off
immediately with water.
• Clean all parts in brake fluid and air dry; blow out all passages with compressed air.
• Before reassembling, check that all parts are free of dirt and other foreign particles.
• Replace parts with new ones as specified in the illustration.
• Make sure no dirt or other foreign matter gets into the brake fluid.
• Make sure no grease or oil gets on the brake discs or pads.
• When reusing pads, always reinstall them in their original positions to prevent loss of braking efficiency.
• Do not reuse drained brake fluid.
• Always use Genuine DOT 3 or DOT 4 brake fluid. Non Genuine DOT 3 or DOT 4 brake fluid cause corrosion
and shorten the life of the system.
• Coat the piston, piston seal groove, and caliper bore with clean brake fluid.
• Replace all rubber parts with new ones.
• After installing the caliper, check the brake hose and line for leaks, interference, interference, and twisting.