TIBURON(GK) > 2003 > G 2.7 V6 DOHC > Engine Mechanical System > Cooling System > Water pump >
1. Using the drain plug, drain the coolant.
2. Remove the drive belt and the engine coolant pump pulley.
3. Remove the timing belt cover, the auto tensioner and idler pulley.
4. Remove the engine coolant pump mounting bolts.
5. Remove the engine coolant pump assembly from the cylinder block.
1. Clean the gasket surfaces of the engine coolant pump body and the cylinder block.
2. Install the new engine coolant pump gasket and pump assembly. Tighten the bolts to the specified torque.
3. Install the auto tensioner and timing belt. Adjust the timing belt tension, then install the timing belt cover.
4. Install the drive belt, coolant pump pulley and then adjust the auto tensioner.
5. Refill the radiator with coolant.
6. Run the engine and check for leaks.
1. Check the engine coolant pump for cracks, damage or wear, and replace the pump assembly if necessary.
2. Check the bearing for damage, abnormal noise and sluggish rotation and replace the pump assembly if
3. Check the seal for leaks and replace the pump assembly if necessary.